Help for KNIHOVNA Archives

KNIHOVNA Archives

Subject: Archive-It web archiving webinar
From:Richter Vít <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 25 Jan 2018 06:44:32 +0000

Archive-It web archiving webinar

Archive-It is the leading web archiving service for collecting and accessing cultural heritage on the web. We are part of the Internet Archive, a not for profit organisation, and are working with libraries and archives around the world to help them archive the web. The Internet Archive has been web archiving for over 20 years, and have been curating web collections with library institutions since 2008. Archive-It has been working with European partners for many years, but we are now hoping to reach out specifically to the archiving community within Europe. The number of institutions archiving the web has steadily increased over the last decade, and we are seeing an increased interest from cultural institutions who are looking to capture our shared history on the web.

Following on from the success of our first European informational webinar in December, Archive-It will again be offering our webinar for those who are interested in learning more about our web archiving services in Europe. This webinar includes an overview of Archive-It, a discussion of how we can work with institutions, as well as a demonstration of the service. It lasts about 45 minutes, and gives the opportunity to ask any questions.

Our next European time-zone friendly informational webinar is on February 21st at 2pm GMT (9am EST).

The link to attend the webinar can be found here:

https://archive-it.org/contact-us

If you're unable to attend this webinar and are interested in learning more about Archive-It, please contact Gemma Batson mailto:[log in to unmask] with any questions and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks!
--
Gemma W. Batson
Program Manager, Web Archiving