Help for KNIHOVNA Archives

KNIHOVNA Archives

Subject: United Nations Digital Library launched
From:Richter Vít <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 22 May 2017 09:01:46 +0000

We are pleased to announce that the United Nations Digital Library (UNDL) https://digitallibrary.un.org/  is now available and can be accessed globally free of charge.  A result of the successful collaboration between the Dag Hammarskj÷ld Library (DHL) at UN Headquarters and the United Nations Office at Geneva Library, the platform uses innovative open source technology to provide access to UN-produced materials in digital format. Content will be added continuously and enhancements to the system will be rolled out on a regular basis.

The new system, which offers easy access to UN documents, maps, speeches, voting data, as well as non-sales publications, will help global researchers find the UN information they need, quickly and accurately. It provides one point of access to UN information - current and historical.

 Phase 1 of the UNDL incorporates digital content from the databases in UNBISnet http://unbisnet.un.org/  and the Official Document System (ODS) https://documents.un.org/prod/ods.nsf/home.xsp  - mainly official UN documents, speech and voting records, as well as some maps.  The UNDL will also link to open access UN content.

What can I find in the United Nations Digital Library?
- UN documents and open access publications
- UN voting data, maps and speeches
- Content in 6+ languages

Which system features are there?
- Linked data between related documents such as resolutions, meeting records and voting
- Refine searches by UN body, agency or type of document

For more information please visit: https://digitallibrary.un.org/
Kindly spread the word.  We have created this promotional video that you may use.

Ramona Kohrs
Coordinator, Outreach and Professional Development
Room L-0218B
Tel.:  +1 212-963-8727