Help for KNIHOVNA Archives

KNIHOVNA Archives

Subject: 5th International Summit of the Book, Limerick, Ireland: Call for Participation Due September 30th
From:Richter Vít <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Sep 2016 13:32:20 +0000

Pro informaci

From: Padraig.Kirby [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: vrijdag 19 augustus 2016 12:28

In conjunction with the US Library of Congress, Library Association of Ireland (LAI), the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP), Libraries Northern Ireland, the National Library of Ireland, the Society of National, College and University Libraries (SCONUL), the Consortium of National and University Libraries (CONUL) and other partners, I am pleased to announce Call for Participation for the forthcoming 5th International Summit of the Book 2016, Limerick City, Ireland,  November 2nd- 3rd 2016  http://www.summitofthebook2016.com

The main theme of this prestigious global conference is:
"Words are all we have" [Samuel Becket 1906-1989] The Book: History, Knowledge & Technology. The Voyage.

The Summit invites suggestions for potential  Invited speakers and paper submissions  focussing on the following sub-themes:

MAIN THEMES AND TOPICS
.         Technology and Manuscripts
.         Books & Cultural Exchange
.         eBooks Versus Print Books
.         Book Industry Challenges in Europe
.         Books, Reading and the Society
.         Books and Knowledge Economy
.         Future of the book
.         Role of the book in human knowledge and culture
.         Rare Books
.         Literacy
.         Preservation through digitization
.         Archival repositories and special collections
.         Preservation and the library as a sacred institution
.         Book manufacture in modern times
.         Etymology & history of the Book
.         Information Explosion and the Book
.         Libraries and challenges for the future

PAPER SUBMISSION
Submissions in any of the following forms are accepted:
.         Full paper to be published in conference proceedings
.         Presentation
.         Roundtable discussion
Papers submission deadline: 30th September 2016
To submit a paper please go to: http://www.summitofthebook2016.com/

REGISTRATION
Registration for the Summit is now open!
To register please go to http://www.summitofthebook2016.com/

ABOUT
The "International Summit of the Book" is a US Library of Congress initiative. The Summit discusses the development of books into electronic formats and its impact on reading; the challenges facing books and the publishing industry and the role of books and reading in societies. The Summit also discusses key issues on technology and manuscripts, including the role of translation in the preservation and transmission of culture, and books as an important tool in cultural exchange.

For further information: please visit the 5th International Summit of the Book website http://www.summitofthebook2016.com/
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page www.facebook.com/The.5th.International.Summit.of.the.Book  and follow LIT Library Twitter page @LIRC_Limerick and hashtag #BookSummitIRL for updates on our speakers and further details on the event.

Kind Regards,

Jerald Cavanagh
Institute Librarian
Limerick Institute of Technology