Vazene kolegyne - Vazeni kolegove,
oznameni nize predstavuje peknou vyzvu/nabidku.
Treba ji nekdo z Vas prijme...
predseda Komise pro zahranicni styky
Svaz knihovníku a informacnich pracovníků CR
110 00 PRAHA 1
Tel.: 221 663 208 (-234, -242, -236, -146 vzkaz)
Fax: 221 663 121
E-mail: <[log in to unmask]>
From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 1:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; preservation; liber-news; digi-eval
Subject: [UNIVERS] job announcement
CVCE, Head of Information and Technology
Based in Luxembourg, the CVCE is a documentation and e-research centre in European integration studies with a mission to create, share and valorise knowledge in an innovative digital environment (www.cvce.eu).
The CVCE has a vacancy for a:
Head of Information & Technology (M/F)
Employee status: permanent contract (CDI) on a full-time basis
The Head of Information & Technology will serve on the centre’s leadership team and will be responsible for the on-going technological development of the centre’s digital infrastructure, enabling humanities scholars to work collaboratively and to generate, analyse, manage, publish, share and preserve digital documentary collections, e-publications and research material on the European integration process.
More specifically, the Head of Information & Technology will:
- Define and manage the centre’s overall information technology strategy and subsequent policies and guidelines;
- Define and supervise the implementation of the four-yearly technological development programme;
- Participate in the definition of the centre’s research foci in digital humanities tools and services;
- Be in charge of the technological development of the centre’s digital infrastructure;
- Develop strategic and effective collaboration with existing national and international centres working in the fields of information technology and digital humanities;
- Monitor international developments in relevant fields;
- Take responsibility for knowledge transfer and outreach initiatives;
- Supervise the Digital Humanities Lab, the ICT Development and Operations Unit and the Media Unit.
Preferred qualifications, experience and skills:
- A PhD in engineering, computer science, information science or a related field, with a strong interest and preferably experience in digital humanities;
- Several years of relevant experience in digital infrastructures, both at the professional and supervisory level;
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and current trends in digital infrastructures and evidence of successful implementation;
- Demonstrated knowledge of information technology and its application to library/repository/content management and delivery systems, digital creation/transformation tools, and web-based services;
- Proven interest in research literature, publishing practices and emerging trends in assigned areas and in developing and maintaining relationships with user communities;
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with programme and project management skills, preferably in an academic or scientific environment;
- Effectiveness in collaboration and strategic partnering;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Excellent command of English;
- Knowledge of French and other languages would be considered an advantage;
- Experience in writing proposals for external funding and administration of externally-funded projects.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Please send your application by email to [log in to unmask] mentioning the reference 03/17_02 in the subject header.
Your application should include a detailed CV, a motivation letter and possibly some letters of references.
Deadline: September 15, 2013.